New Martin D-28, Upgraded for 2017! (Available for in store purchase only, contact us for exceptions)
NOTE: This item is available for in-store purchase only (with the occasional exception). Please contact us for availability because although the item may appear in stock, it may not be in stock at your nearest location. To contact us, click on "Contact" on the menu at the top of this page to email us or call 205-758-2220 (Tuscaloosa) or (205-663-7744 Pelham.) Thank you!
The Martin D-28 is simply the most iconic acoustic guitar in the world. The improvements implemented this year will only increase that iconic reputation.
- Like all Guitar Gallery guitars, exclusive services are included. your D-28 will be inspected and setup with your favorite strings to your desired action and tuning.
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top with aged toner
- Solid East Indian Rosewood Back and Sides
- Forward-shifted bracing for increased volume and bass response
- Vintage style tuning machines
- Faux tortoise pickguard
- Includes Guitar Gallery "Free Labor For Life" service. We provide free service with no labor charge for your instrument (covers cleaning, restringing, and tuning).
Sometimes innovation is in the details and this is certainly true with Martin’s re-imagined D-28. After nearly a century at the helm, and as the quintessential workhorse of music legends like Hank Williams, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and so many more, Martin's legendary D-28 has been lovingly and artfully enhanced. “The post WWII D-28 had a slightly different look than its predecessor and became the centerpiece of the folk and folk rock movements at their pinnacle in the 1950s and 1960s." says Chris Martin, Chairman and CEO of Martin Guitar, "We have extracted the finest features from the D-28 of both my grandfather’s and my father’s respective eras.” The all new D-28 blends the rich history of the guitar with Martin’s newest and most heralded innovations. The 184 year old guitar maker has combined vintage appointments, including open gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents, and a faux tortoise pickguard with a new neck profile to give D-28 enthusiasts a modern feel and comfortable playing experience. Martin has also added forward-shifted bracing to allow greater vibration of the top. The legend just got better!