Elixir Polyweb Acoustic Guitar Strings, All Gauges
This is the original coated Elixir string that many players still prefer. When Elixirs were first introduced, we were extremely skeptical. As soon as we tried them, we were hooked. Elixirs are now our best selling acoustic strings, and no other brand is close. We recommend the Polyweb version specifically to those who find their guitar to sound thin, as the coating process of the Polywebs tends to mellow an excessively treble guitar. If your guitar has plenty of bass or is well balanced, consider our Nanoweb 80/20 or our Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze versions. Like all Elixirs, these sound new 3-5 times longer than un-coated strings. Elixir says...
Elixir® Acoustic 80/20 Bronze Strings with POLYWEB®Coating deliver a warm, "played-in" tone together with extended tone life that players have come to expect from Elixir Strings.
- Only coated string brand to protect the entire string with an ultra-thin coating, keeping gunk out of the gaps between the windings
- Extended Tone Life – players report their tone lasts longer than any other string, uncoated or coated
- Consistent performance and tone – ready to play whenever you are
- Smooth feel that is easy on your fingers and enhances playability
- Reduces finger squeak – good for both performance and recording
- Anti-Rust Plated Plain Steel Strings resist tone-deadening corrosion, ensuring a longer life for entire set
- With less hassle and expense of frequent string changes, spend more time making music